NELSON conducts free informational webinars throughout the year to keep clients abreast of industry events, topical issues, and firm news. Past webinars may be viewed on demand by clicking the webinar link at right. To subscribe to our mailing list so that you may receive invitations to future webinars, click here.
To date, NELSON webinar topics include:
Forensics Insider: Fast to the Future!
Forensics Insider: CSST: Flexible, Fallible?
- Subject: Emerging technologies and how they may affect insurance policies, coverage and claims.
- Guest Speaker: Chad Fuller of Cavalry Construction
- Date Aired: August 12, 2015
Forensics Insider: March Badness
- Subject: Despite CSST's popularity and ease of installation, controversy grows regarding its safety. Is it true that where there's smoke, there's fire?
- Guest Speaker: Marcos Hazan-Cohen of Cozen O'Connor
- Date Aired: August 21, 2014
Forensics Insider: Ready, Set...Snow!
- Subject: Highlights on "polar vortex" losses, residential construction claims, and truss installation failures.
- Guest Speaker: Mark McQuality of Shackelford Melton
- Date Aired: March 12, 2014
Forensics Insider: CSI Defect Detectives
- Subject: Perils that plague cold climes, plus price tagging delay claims, and a quick primer on unit costs - the building blocks of cost estimating.
- Guest Speaker: Jeff Jackmond of Demand Construction
- Date Aired: November 20, 2013
Forensics Insider: Earth, Wind and Fire: Superstorm Sandy
- Subject: Construction Scene Investigations, highlighting commercial and residential defects, and featuring legal insight into claims of "fairness."
- Guest Speaker: Dale Butler of Winstead PC
- Date Aired: June 26, 2013
Forensics Insider: Nelson Discovery Lab
- Subject: Showcase of investigations from Superstorm Sandy, attorney advice on defending catastrophe claims, and how fire distresses concrete.
- Guest Speaker: Rhonda Thompson of Thompson Coe
- Date Aired: February 13, 2013
Forensics Insider: Understanding the Power of Derecho
- Subject: Behind-the-Scenes Look Into the New Nelson Discovery Laboratory, and Survey of Cutting-Edge Weather Apps and Tools.
- Guest Speaker: Matt Gaffner of Weather Decision Technologies
- Date Aired: November 30, 2012
- Subject: Understanding the Power of Derecho, and on the Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, Why New Orleans Residents Didn't Quality to Sue in Class Action for Levee Breaches.
- Guest Speaker: Dallas Meteorologist Brad Barton
- Date Aired: August 22, 2012
August 12, 2015
Emerging technologies and how they may affect insurance policies, coverage and claims.
August 21, 2014
CSST: Flexible, Fallible?
March 12, 2014
November 20, 2013
June 26, 2013
CSI: Defect Detectives
February 13, 2013
Earth, Wind and Fire: Superstorm Sandy
November 30, 2012
Nelson Discovery Laboratory
August 22, 2012
Understanding the Power of Derecho